We are a diverse and remote team
As a fully remote team, we aim to bring innovation and transparency to the education system. We all bring unique perspectives, shaped by our life experiences and the places we come from and live in. Learn a little bit more about us — who we are, what we do and where we work from.
- Business Development
- Richard MaaghulChief Executive OfficerRich is a seasoned Silicon Valley entrepreneur with more than two decades of experience in emerging and disruptive technologies. A former software provider to Chevron Corp. and a co-founder of ODEM’s education partner Excelorators Inc., Rich is committed to using blockchain technology to make higher education more accessible and affordable on a global scale.
- Johanna MaaghulChief Strategy OfficerJohanna brings to ODEM her hands-on experience in project management, corporate strategy and technological integration from the education, healthcare, software creation and fintech industries. Focused on ensuring the ODEM platform meets customer and user needs in a rapidly changing education market, she works with laser focus to ensure ODEM always keeps an eye to the future while also meeting the current day-to-day needs of educational institutions, employers, educators and students.
- Rakesh PullabhatlaChief Finance OfficerRakesh brings a solid foundation in financial operations and strategy to ODEM. As a global finance executive, Rakesh has a proven track record of steering companies through the high growth phase, helping deliver revenues of over $200M from pre-revenue. He holds an MBA from the University of Chicago, Booth School of Business and is a CFA, CPA and an FRM.
- Kirsten MontgomeryChief Operating OfficerA transformational executive with a strong background in technology, education, finance and operations, Kirsten has over 20 years of experience managing resources, relationships and projects. Prior to joining ODEM, Kirsten’s experience working in higher education, banking and investment management organisations has given her a keen ability in helping ODEM position themselves to better understand the existing markets through building a strong network of clients and skilfully managing processes to deliver client results.
- Ken FinchDirector of Sales & Business DevelopmentKen brings unparalleled expertise to his role at ODEM with over 25 years in sales and marketing. He also leads Excelerators, an organization that delivers exclusive training and executive services for international groups at elite universities, including Harvard. Ken holds an MBA and an undergraduate degree from the University of California, Berkeley.
- Andreas VlachosBusiness Development ManagerAndreas has experience managing various blockchain associations and organizations on behalf of the University of Nicosia. He has initiated partnerships with prominent blockchain leading organizations including Hyperledger, R3 and the EU Blockchain Observatory Forum, as well as several universities around the world.
- Bowen GaoDirector of Business Development - AsiaBowen is adept at forging partnerships with Chinese travel agents and maintaining productive relationships with key government officials. He also has a deep understanding of Chinese travel culture through his extensive involvement in marketing international tour products and services.
- Wenen XieSales Project ManagerBetty is an economics graduate from the University of California Davis with a strong background in sales and management. She currently helps onboard educators and educational organizations along with working on special business development projects.
- Melissa MatosManager of Special ProjectsMelissa is a skilled project manager and administrator with a flair for achieving impressive results. Having been part of the education and technology industry for several years, Melissa is keenly aware of the power of matching the needs of students and teachers to well-designed educational technologies.
- Jeff SlavinSenior Product SpecialistAn extremely meticulous practitioner, Jeff has more than eight years of technical writing experience, an MBA and PMP and ITIL Expert certifications. He currently works for ODEM as a Senior Product Specialist, producing clear and easy-to-understand documentation and overseeing the product quality.
- Jan BassCreative DirectorJan is a veteran marketer who has worked with Nokia, Athleta and many San Francisco Bay Area enterprises. He always has a focus on the creative and branding side of business. His work with ODEM centers on developing and communicating ODEM’s brand and enhancing the user experience on the ODEM Platform.
- Lee SmithVP of EngineeringLee is an expert in designing, building and scaling web applications. He has experience across a breadth of business verticals, including healthcare, e-commerce and education.
- Jeremy RodgersSite Reliability EngineerJeremy is a full-stack software engineer and cloud solutions architect. He designs and maintains ODEM's Kubernetes deployment. His prior work includes the design, integration and support of large-scale, high-performance supercomputers and workloads for military hypersonic CFD research. He enjoys gardening and craft brewing in his personal time.
- Radu RisnoveanuContent CreatorRadu is a marketing graduate and social media specialist. He has collaborated on several award-winning marketing campaigns in the tourism industry. Radu is an out-of-the-box thinker and problem solver who dreams of changing the world. He’s passionate about pursuing culture, art and food in his spare time.
- Mohamed TaramanSenior Technical LeadMohamed is a computer science graduate of Alexandria University’s Faculty of Engineering. He has an MBA and two decades of experience in software development. Mohamed is an avid learner, software enthusiast and enjoys playing table tennis.
- Gabriel LopesGraphic Designer and UI/UX DesignerGabriel takes pride in applying a multidisciplinary approach to knowledge and his work for ODEM. Based in Brazil, he designs images for video, web and print. Gabriel is a Graphic Design graduate at Fumec University. Previously, he was a graphic design instructor and a trainer of young artists for SENAI, the biggest vocational training institution in Brazil and the WorldSkills International competition. Gabriel, who is also a tattoo artist, enjoys a good party with his family, especially during the Brazilian summer.